Profile

<Photobucket
Vince
I just wanna put everything down and let go.

Music

I am enchanted to you
Monday, June 20, 2011

Okay, I wasn't completely honest about returning back. Got tied up with my work. There are so much things happened in my life these two months, so I'll take sometime to refresh my memory and write the past in here.

So, IELTS. I took IELTS in the first place because I thought I am going to AUS ( which proven to be JUST a dream. ). I sighed up for a short course in Stamford College which costs about RM600, which doesn't help much. ( The only thing I find helpful is our listening exercise & a few of speaking test that we done. ) Our test is on 7th of May, includes all 4 tests ( the normal like writing, listening, speaking and reading. )

So, before the test, we studied not very hard. Mind you, is a language test, I think the only right thing I did is, I done all the listening exercises. I don't even write an essay, I just read them. Probably that I am too lazy. Out of the blue, WH got a call back from home saying that his listening has been postponed to Monday, which caused a small riot among us. LC called back home and found out that his test also postponed to Sunday and mine was rescheduled to Monday too. But, we decided we should ask the authority whether we can performed all the test in the same time ( like we have been told to. )

So, we woke up in the morning, the test is about 9.00am but we required to report/register in 8.00am in Corus Hotel ( which located very near to KLCC ). About 8.00am ( I think we arrived later than that ), we arrived on our test centre, there is like a bunch of people waiting on the outside. Then, we were ushered in to register for our test. I got the number 1005. We proceeded to another counter which requires all of us to hand in all of our possession. We only allowed to bring our own IC. Oh yea, we asked the authority whether we can have our speaking test on the same date because we are from other states. And thank god, she said yes and that she'll rearrange the time for us.

So, I followed the group to our test hall which is a big ballroom. My seat was on the fifth row, which is quite near to the screen, but the ballroom is equipped with plasma tv and good stereo, so I think gov should copy what the IELTS test been doing. You must provide good environment to all the candidates. ( I know we are paying for the test, which is RM570). A guy was sitting beside me, he is from China, I can tell by his accent. We were informed for the rules and the test kick start with listening test. The track is only played once, so I was like so damn focus on the entire time. The only thing I did wrong is the date part, where we are required to put down the exact answer, I missed that part. Then, we proceeded to reading test. Reading test was so much easier, although the paragraph is more harder than MUET, but better than the exercises that I been doing. The last test was writing. I admit, I hate writing so much. The first essay we need to explain the trend of books being bought in a country ( which is similar to our MUET test. ), ditto that. The second essay is on environment issues which I gave in a neutral stand.

On my writing test, they told me that my speaking test has been pushed to the same time on 5pm. Lucky. So after the test, we went around shopping in KLCC, LC gone in first about 1pm. WH test is on 3pm, but I tagged along anyway. Not long after WH's test, it was my turn. I was quite surprised. I went into the room, my examiner is a Hispanic look old lady with white curly hair. I took a deep breath and then the test began. She asked me where I am from, do I like animals? and do I love receive or giving gifts. The only thing I remember is that I told her I love to receive gifts, because I love to receive handmade gifts. Or what so ever. We proceeded to part two, which is the most unlucky part of my exam. I was given a question. Describe a favorite room of yours during your childhood. I was like GODDAMNFUCKIT!!!!!!!! My mind was out for a few seconds and the next thing I knew, the time is up and I am required to speak. The whole part I was stuck. I quickly gave in the points and then found myself with no words to utter. Shit. She then took control and then lead me to the third part. The third part is even more worst. She asked question like your own personal space vs the limited living space now. Utter bullshit. I don't even reckon those questions will be asked in the first place. I knew I was going to fail badly for this test.

Then we went home. 2 weeks later, I checked my email and voila! I got band 7.5. You know, I was going to like cry. Finally I can prove that I am not a bad English user. Fuck that MUET. My speaking test got band 6. I guess that old lady is being nice. Good karma for you. LOL.

And for those people out there, IELTS is so so so much easier than MUET. That is my opinion, not sure about others. MUET is a stupid test anyway.
7:04 AM

Tagbox


ShoutMix chat widget




U-Turn




Affiliates

alfred
andrew
andy bro
ah mok
benson
chia
claryn
chee wei
chia chun
cui fang
elle
ivan
kok
long choy
pinkyjoan
robin
rossay
si mei
si mei baidu
soo ling
yks
zi chou
zihan